PRIVACY NOTICE for the Student Success Mentoring Programme
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1) WHO ARE WE?
2) WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
3) WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND FURTHER PROCESS?
4) HOW DID WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
5) ON WHICH LEGAL BASIS DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
6) WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
7) HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
8) WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
9) HOW CAN YOU LODGE A COMPLAINT?
10) APPLICABLE LAW – JURISDICTION
In accordance with Articles 12, 13 and 14 of the EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereafter the “GDPR”), this Privacy Notice (hereafter “the Notice”) explains how the University of Luxembourg collects, processes and protects Personal Data in relation with the registration for the “Student Success Mentoring Programme” organized by the University of Luxembourg.
- WHO ARE WE?
The University of Luxembourg is a public higher education and research establishment, operating under the supervision of the Ministry for higher education.
The University of Luxembourg has its official address at:
MAISON DU SAVOIR
2, avenue de l’Université
L- 4365 ESCH-BELVAL
Phone number: Tel.: (+352) 46 66 44 1
Internet address: https://wwwen.uni.lu/university
The University has appointed a DPO: reachable during working hours. Further information is provided on https://wwwen.uni.lu/university/data_protection and an email address is available: email@example.com
- WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In the framework of the « Student Success Mentoring Programme », your personal data is collected in order to generate a list of « Mentors » and a list of « Mentees ». The data on these lists can be transferred to your Mentee if you are registered as a Mentor or to your Mentor if you are registered as Mentee.
Your personal data can be shared with staff of the University of Luxembourg if it is relevant for the processing of your matching with a Mentor/Mentee.
Your personal data can also be used to suggest activities linked to the programme.
- WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND FURTHER PROCESS?
The personal data processed includes:
- Last Name
- First Name
- email address
- Phone number
- Your role at your place of employment and the period of time you have worked there
- Any additional informaiton on your career you have voluntarily given us
- Student number
- Level study
- Repeat or additional semester
- Languages spoken
- Hobbies / Interests
- Comments you made
- HOW DID WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect the Personal Data via the programme LimeSurvey for the registration to the “Student Success Mentoring Programme”
- ON WHICH LEGAL BASIS DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is laid down in:
Article 6 GDPR:
- The data subject has given consent to the processind of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes: consent.
- WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The persons who may have access to the information transmitted are :
- The employees of the University
- HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Personal Data provided by you are kept for a duration of an academic year (from October to September of the following year). The Personal Data is kept for one academic year so that it can be shared during that time.
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
According to the GDPR, you benefit notably from the following rights: right to be informed, right to access to your personal data, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict the scope of the processing, right to object, right to data portability, right to lodge a complaint. The University provides further information on its website page: https://wwwen.uni.lu/university/data_protection/your_rights.
In practice, you can exercise your rights by contacting our DPO:
- By sending a request per post to:
Université du Luxembourg
À l’attention de: DPO – Exercise of Data Subject rights
Maison du Savoir
2, Avenue de l’Université
L-4365 ESCH BELVAL
- By sending a request per email to the DPO, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any request shall be processed by the University of Luxembourg without undue delay, and where feasible no later than one (1) month after its receipt, at least in order to inform you about the status of your request. This period may be extended for two (2) additional months for complex cases or due to a high volume of requests.
- HOW CAN YOU LODGE A COMPLAINT?
If you consider that the Processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes the GDPR, you will have the right – without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy – to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
In Luxembourg, the competent authority is the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données (CNPD).
Contact of the CNPD:
Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données
1, avenue du Rock’n’Roll
Service des réclamations
Tel. : (+352) 26 10 60 -1
Fax : (+352) 26 10 60 -29
You can also use their contact form, at: https://cnpd.public.lu/fr/support/contact.html
- APPLICABLE LAW – JURISDICTION
The present Notice shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Luxembourgish law.
Any dispute concerning the existence, interpretation or performance of this Notice which cannot be settle amicably, shall fall within the jurisdiction of the Courts of Luxembourg City, without prejudice to the rights of the Data Subjects to bring the matters before the court where he or she has her place of residence as well as its right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.